This is a conglomerate of several projects with very different objectives utilizing a research facility known as iPonds. The iPonds are five almost identical ponds, each of which easily can be equipped with high-resolution tracking systems. Furthermore, the ponds can be drained and it is therefore possible to effectively control the fish population in each allowing for controlled experiments. Moreover, as the ponds are almost identical, it is possible to conduct studies with pond-level replicates. This is truly a system bridging the gap between lab and field studies by effectively turning each pond into a real-world aquarium with 24/7 monitoring of the fish. Naturally, all tracks in the iPonds are estimated using YAPS.
The iPonds research facility is managed by Dr. Kaj Hulthén. Kaj is also PI on several of the projects already conducted in the ponds as well as on future studies planned.
- Dr. Kaj Hulthén, Lund University (Sweden)
- Professor Christer Brönmark, Lund University (Sweden)
- Professor Anders Nilsson Lund University (Sweden)
- Professor Tomas Brodin Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (Sweden)
- Dr. Gustav Hellström Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (Sweden)
- DTU Aqua, National Institute of Aquatic Resources (Denmark)